Friday, May 11, 2012

Leviticus 21-30

Leviticus
Leviticus 21-30
Leviticus 26:3-13
I love logic…  It makes sense to me!  If (a) is true, then (b) must also be true…  Postulates, theorems, are if/then statements are all conditional…
Why do I love logic?  It’s predictable!!!  There is no guess work involved.  I don’t have to recalculate or double check it to make sure- It’s a done deal!
Our God is a very logical and practical God.  I’m not saying God is not mysterious or you can figure Him out.  What I am saying is that God sometimes works through If/Then statements…
Checkout Leviticus 26:3-13
"If you live by my decrees and obediently keep my commandments…  THEN…….."
     * You’ll have more than enough to eat and will live safe and secure in your land
     * I will make your country safe
     * Eliminate war
     * I’ll give you my full attention
     * I’ll make you prosper and grow in numbers
     * I will live amongst you
     * You will never be slaves

Those kind of statements are scattered all over God’s word!  I’m not a prosperity gospel preacher, but I do trust God will do what he says He will do…
So what happens if I choose not live by His decrees and be obedient and keep the commandments?  I’m glad you asked because just like If/Then statements they work both ways…
Checkout Leviticus 26:
14-17 "But if you refuse to obey me and won't observe my commandments, despising my decrees and holding my laws in contempt by your disobedience, making a shambles of my covenant     *I will let your enemies rule over you
     *I will make your labor fruitless
     *You will eat but not be satisfied
     *I will turn your cities to ruins
     *I will scatter your people

The great thing about God is HE knew we would not be able to keep all His decrees, so included verses 40-42.
But if they will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors —their unfaithfulness and their hostility toward me, 41 which made me hostile toward them so that I sent them into the land of their enemies—then when their uncircumcised hearts are humbled and they pay for their sin, 42 I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment