Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exodus 34-40

Exodus 34-40
Exodus 35:10
10 “All who are skilled among you are to come and make everything the LORD has commanded
We know that whomever God calls, God will also equips…  I had a meeting with 2 of my accountability partners this past Tuesday at Starbucks.  I knew the meeting was over concerns these two men had for the calling God had on my life…  Knowing that these men wanted me to be successful with my marriage and with my ministry I was eager to hear what they had to say!
These men challenged me to better equip myself to serve where God had called me…  We came up with a goal and practical ways to help me reach that goal…  I know these men will hold me accountable in reaching this goal and my ministry and marriage will be better because they cared enough to say something to me!
The reason I say this is because God gives us skills and a purpose.  In the last chapters of Exodus, God calls on those people to use the skills to build the Ark of the Covenant. 

Many good athletes playing sports were born with some athletic ability… That ability will set them apart from other average athletes.  What separates the good athletes from the best athletes?  The great athletes pursued excellence in their sport while the average athletes rely souly on their God –given ability…
In my meeting, I learned that God did have a calling on my life and he did give me the ability to carry out His purpose for my life, but He expects me to pursue excellence in my calling and in my marriage so that I can do everything He has commanded!

No comments:

Post a Comment