Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Exodus 25-29

Day 39
Exodus 25-29
Exodus 25:1-9  
God spoke to Moses: "Tell the Israelites that they are to set aside offerings for me. Receive the offerings from everyone who is willing to give. These are the offerings I want you to receive from them: gold, silver, bronze; blue, purple, and scarlet material; fine linen; goats' hair; tanned rams' skins; dolphin skins; acacia wood; lamp oil; spices for anointing oils and for fragrant incense; onyx stones and other stones for setting in the Ephod and the Breastpiece. Let them construct a Sanctuary for me so that I can live among them. You are to construct it following the plans I've given you, the design for The Dwelling and the design for all its furnishings.
OKAY the Israelites are building God’s dwelling place…  The materials are elaborate and the instructions are precise!  I found many parallels here.  I thought about how grateful I am that His dwelling place now is inside of me and I no longer have to go through the process of becoming holy, because Jesus took care of that on the cross.  Praise God!
The second thought I had is Disney World….  Huh…!  Did I hear that right?  Did you say Disney world?  Yep!  Sure did…
Do you think Robert Iger the CEO of Disney World spares any expense to make his Magic Kindom Resort a place where you would want to take your entire family?  Heck to the no!  They spend billions of dollars to ensure that you and your family enjoy your stay and spend your vacation money… 
I hate that church leaders get upset and criticize other church leaders for spending money on things like: LCD stage lights, sound equipment, LCD projectors, speakers, computer equipment, the list goes on and on!  We are trying to reach a generation that has grown up thinking a mouse is cooler than our GOD!  Yet the very same people who criticize church leaders for doing that… can I ask you a question?  How much did your stained glass windows cost?  What about your steeple?  Oh don’t forget about the organ and the pipes… 
Have you ever heard someone say yeah man we go to that church because they have the prettiest stained glass windows…?  No!  The Israelites spared no expense when build God’s dwelling place…  King Solomon did not either!  If your motives are to build His kingdom and you are trying to reach those who are far from God spare no expense…      

No comments:

Post a Comment